Thursday, November 4, 2010

New York Oh my!!


Oh my! Yours truly is surely a lucky one in a couple of months I will be going to the ravishingly cultural/ artsy/ designer/ chic city of New York. Eat your heart out healthily dear KG lovers and followers I will be in one of the many hearts of art, fashion and design yippee how excited I am. Anyways just to start off with a bit of a fashionista handbook even though it was written in the beautiful London I figured why not follow you NYC style.
So big apple style I decided to start digging into Camilla Morton’s How to walk in High Heels: The Girl’s Guide to Everything.
Amongst other things that you might not find as handy, such as how to change a light bulb and how to operate your vacuum cleaner, you do come up with handy little hints and other tips that as obvious as they might be she just gives them a lovely twist and turns them into a quirky and funny occurrence.
She starts the book with
“For the aspiring Cinderellas everywhere… and to John and Manolo for waving their magic wands.”

From then on it’s nothing but great comments and quirky quotes that make a dull day interesting and fun. This book is a keeper for a bedside table and a centerpiece entertainment that you can keep coming back to and enjoy a moment of practical reality for the everyday fashionista that we all have inside us. Pretty much everything a man does, in designer heels and perfect makeup. What else do we want ladies.

So this being said wait until I actually kick into the big apple and start rampaging my through museums and shops because oh my here I come Moma and those oh so wonderful Vivienne Westwoods I have been craving for ages. So watch out Gossip Girls I will come, see and conquer with a Starbuck’s in hand and hopefully the latest publishings on arts admin, galleries, museums and artists.


xoxo
kg 

No comments:

Post a Comment